Tuesday, February 10, 2009

No Dessert!


No sweets, no sweets, NO SWEETS! That is my mantra lately. Last week I officially hit my twenty eighth week in my pregnancy. That is when my midwives said I could cut down on the simple carbohydrates that I eat. If I do I could possibly lower the birth weight of my baby. It may not be much weight but after having a 9 lbs. baby, I am willing to stay a little more disciplined.


I have to say I did really good with my diet in the beginning of my pregnancy. I knew I would want to be disciplined in the end so I started early so I wouldn't have to change my eating habits drastically at 28 weeks; But then the holidays hit and I couldn't resist the cookies, pies, toffee that were thrown my way. It was yummy but left me with a slight sugar addiction! I am finally starting to kick it and it does feel good. Whether you are pregnant or not your body and mind and spirit thank you when you feed yourself healthy nutritious food.

1 comment:

momwouldgo said...

Good job Josie, you have the best will-power of any pregnant woman I know keep up the good attitude!