Thursday, April 23, 2009

Baby Oliver has arrived!

Up close - Oliver Van Allen
(Another big, healthy Allen Boy)

Dad and Noah dressing Ollie for the first time.


Noah, Owen and Tanner greeting their new brother.



I am so happy Oliver is here and healthy and that I made it through another home birth. I couldn't have been more blessed. Hard labor was only three hours and he came nine days early. Good thing because he weighed 8lbs 14 oz. He was born at 6:20 am so the boys were able to wake up to the suprise that their baby brother was born. It was special having them their to see their brother so soon after the delivery.
It has been a nice and easy week for me. I have been able to enjoy Oliver and not worry about taking care of the kids and the house with my mother-in-law staying here with us. So many other friends and family have offered support with the kids and meals. I feel blessed to be surrounded by such a supportive community.



6 comments:

Tia said...

im so excited to call him Ollie! So was he 9lbs 14oz, cause I thought your text said 8 14, um thats huge are you serious!!!

debsfreckles said...

Congrats! I am so happy that everything went well. You are such an inspiration to me, I am thinking of doing a home birth - thinking:)

Josie Allen said...

OK Tia so the lack of sleep has officially started to affect the function of my brain. To clear things up he was 8lbs 14oz.

momwouldgo said...

MORE PICTURES! I WANT MORE! BOUGHT OUR TICKETS TONIGHT FOR JULY-CANT WAIT TO SEE YOU ALL!

Unknown said...

Yeah! Congratulations, you sure do make cute boys.

Unknown said...

Congratulations to all of you. I love the name "Oliver." Not so sure about "Ollie." Of course, now when you cal lhime "Oliver," he'll know he's in trouble. :-) Cant' wait to see you, Oliver and the rest of the boys in July. Annabel and I are planning to come for Morgan's wedding, and so is Barb. Should be a great family reunion. Luv ya!! Aunt Ninah