Friday, January 22, 2010

Journaling Jan. 21st

Today a lot of my family is fasting and praying for Jonathan's cousin Ryan who is receiving a bone marrow transplant after being diagnosed with Leukemia for a 3rd time. I can hardly get him out of my thoughts as I wish for the transplant to be successful and for him to go on living a more healthy life.

This morning Jonathan went up to snowbowl to get in one run before he went to work. He decided to go out of bounds to cut a fresh track and enjoy the fresh powder. The snow was so deep he couldn't traverse back into bounds so spent the next four hours hiking down to snowbowl road in waist deep snow. Other than not making it to work I think he kind of enjoyed himself. He said it was kind of an adventure and that he had a nice prayer for Ryan.

School has been out all week for MLK day and also from snow days. We have been able to get in an outing in each day but today have decided to just bunker down and stay home. It hasn't been too bad but I have to admit I am starting to go a little stir crazy! Tomorrow we will have to plan something to get us out. Honestly, I think the boys have an easier time being home all day than I do.

No comments: