Sunday, January 10, 2010

First week in a new year.

I feel so good about this new year. It's not only a new year but the start of a new decade! As I reflect on this last year I realize it was a difficult one for me. Jonathan and I were uncertain for a big part of the year if we would be able to build our home; All the while living at Jonathan's parents home and welcoming a new baby into our family. It seems when things have been temporally hard for me they are also spiritually hard. I wish this wasn't the case but it is something I need to work on.
When I think back on the last tens years there are no regrets. Jonathan and I were married, have lived in Hawaii, Oregon, Arizona. We have bought and sold two homes and designed the home we plan to raise our family in. We have had four beautiful children, and have said goodbye to some dear family and friends. We have had successes and also failures and through it all have grown in wisdom and maturity.
My hopes for this year are to get my life in order again. I want to be more consistent with my prayers and scripture study. I also want to get some dates on the calender scheduled for the Temple. I want to improve my fitness level and expand my knowledge of Yoga. With me being a few months away from weaning Oliver I will be a lot more energetic and able to play with my boys more. I am looking forward to that.
As for this next decade I hope to be done with birthing children and settle into growing with them. I would like to improve on my talents and assist my family on recognizing theirs and nurturing them. Most of all I hope to be alive and healthy. Life is precious and I want to be blessed to experience all of it, the joys, pains, trials and miracles.

1 comment:

sara said...

Josie!

Beautifully said. All of it.
I'm so happy everything worked out with your house.
I love all your goals/resolutions.
I would love to go to the temple w/ you if Jonathan is busy or we could do a couples trip?
ALSO - we will have to go riding! :) Should have my bike Saturday...